Sunday, January 2, 2011

Mes adieux à Vichy

My final week in Cavilam continued just as it had begun, with a lot of food!  
Monday night was sushi night in Danielle’s room where we made salmon, cucumber and avocado sushi and drank more red wine. Tuesday night was my last official night with the family and we had salad, grilled and baked vegetables followed by cheese and then baked apples.
Wednesday was Lynn’s farewell lunch followed by my farewell dinner at Josephine’s, the best crepe place in Vichy. I had a salade followed by a smoked salmon crepe and then sorbet. After we went out for cheap cocktail at one of the bar’s and good times were had by all. I went home very happy inn the early morning excited about Alex arriving on Thursday…
Thursday arrived and I was woken by a call from Alex informing me that his flight from Heathrow was postponed and, as a result, he was going to miss his train to Vichy. After spending all week listening to how hard it is to get train tickets at this time of year I started to think he would have to stay in Paris for Christmas! I went straight to the train station and tried to book him a ticket but there were none left. After trying to book one online with no luck during my lunch break I began to wonder whether I should try to get to Paris.
After a day of worry my clever little Alex rings me from a train which would arrive in Vichy at 10pm. (Sometimes I forget how clever he actually is!) The story of how he managed negotiating his way around Paris however relies heavily on his ability to look lost and forlorn which apparently  attracts a large number of elderly French women eager to help the young Australian.
So dinner was at a local Moroccan restaurant with my Vichy friends. The food was incredibly cheap and amazingly tasty! I had vegetarian couscous while most others had tagines, which smelt wonderful.  After dinner I walked, accompanied by my gorgeous entourage of Reiner and Nivek, to the train station to meet Alex. Yes the reunions was like some sappy romantic movie involving trains and reunited loved ones, it the scene was shot it sepia tone it could have been mistaken for a vintage Hollywood film…
So despite the weather everything turned out perfectly; bring on Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment