Saturday, January 1, 2011

Faux Noël

Sunday and Faux Noël
I had been a little worried about how I was going to spend Christmas away from home this year but lucky for me I have found some wonderful friends in Vichy, all of whom love Christmas. We decided to have an early Christmas party which I titled “Faux Noël” where we would each bring a dish of something and celebrate a time which is near to, but not quite, Christmas.
The day began at the Grande Marché where the lady who owns one of the local bakeries, who we see almost everyday, gave us samples of all the different Bûche de Noël (chocolate, strawberry and caramel) she was selling for Christmas. We all bought our ingredients for our one Christmas dish each and then headed back to Nivek’s place to cook up a storm.
Nivek had spent the week downloading Christmas carols which we played in the background of our feast. Ater four courses of; two salads, pasta, an amazing Trifle made by Nivek and a bottle of Côtes du Rhône I felt like it was finally Christmas time. Just like at Christmas time however, we all ate way too much and had to retreat to the bed for the next two hours to watch a DVD. When I could move again I waddled home, in love with Vichy, Christmas in France and my beautiful friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment